You are here: Home Forum English forum SCS PTC-II USB Fails to talk to PC
Always current
Worldwide SCS Dealer Network

More than eighty percent of our products are sold and used outside Germany. A dense worldwide dealer network is available to our customers.

Worldwide PACTOR Service Providers

Click to the graphic to choose your PACTOR Service Provider.

SCS PTC-II USB Fails to talk to PC

Up to English forum

SCS PTC-II USB Fails to talk to PC

Posted by Ron Keech at Feb 20, 2012 10:49 PM

I have a SCS PTCII USB Modem that does not comminucate with the PC via the USB connection.

Have verified settings, replaced USB Cable etc...

While WinXP sees it as a SCS PTCII Modem, the modem will not talk to any program.  Tried The various updates from SCS, Airmail and PACLink.  All say there is no modem.

Updated driver to the July 10 version, can't update the firmware as I can't get the update to talk to the modem.  Tried various speeds and hardware on off.  This was working fine on another computer previously running Win7.

Do I need to have the radio cables installed before this thing will communicate on the USB port?  Seems an odd setup if I do. The USB support should be separate of the radio as its a TNC to PC function.

When I try Hyperlink as well I get no response from the SCS Modem.  Resetting the TNC does not display any prompts on start either.  So it is a communications issue.

If you have solution please post it or email me at kl7yk@arrl.net

Thanks

Re: SCS PTC-II USB Fails to talk to PC

Posted by Ram Mohan at Aug 31, 2012 02:23 PM

I have same problem.

looking for solution. email me at rm_suri@yahoo.com

Thanks

Re: SCS PTC-II USB Fails to talk to PC

Posted by Andy Marshall at May 02, 2013 11:33 PM

When I start the terminal window and attempt to connect to a station I get a host of lights on the P4dragon 7400 including a flashing yellow usb connection light. after a few  seconds I get an error "Communications with the PTC-llusb have been lost (modem ready signal has gone false, power may be off) terminal window will be closed" I have cycled power on and off, tried the BIOS mini switch on and off,  reloaded drivers and firmware (using old version of upload as new one would not work).

Is this the same problem as yours?